Readers Registration Regulations
Ⅰ Registration object
Chinese citizens and foreigners over 14 years old could apply for the reader’s card of Xingtai Library. Children under the age of 14 ,who should be accompanied by their guardians ,could apply for the children reader’s card of Xingtai Library.
Ⅱ Functions of the reader’s card
1、Reading: With the reader’s card ,readers may consult library books and newspapers、reference books﹑local literature﹑audio-visual materials﹑digital resource etc, and they could also use the computers of the public electronic reading room.
2、Borrowing: Readers may borrow and return books、bound volume journals etc at the appointed regional desk or at the self-checkout machine.
3. Referring to electronic resources: With the reader’s card, readers may access to the databases of our library to get electronic resources.The readers can also scan through electronic press and borrow e-books etc.
4.With the children reader’s card, the readers could only borrow books, newspapers etc at children's viewing area, and could only read children's digital resources. If the children ,who want to read books、newspapers and digital resources at adult viewing zone,should be accompanied by their parents.
5. Readers who have the reader’s cards shall have the priority to join the reader's activities of the library.
Ⅲ Registration of the reader’s card
1. The reader’s card is applied for at the front desk on the second floor. Everyone could only have one reader’s card. Readers may get the reader’s card for free at the first time. If the readers apply for the card again after the withdrawal, they should pay 10 yuan for the cost of the card to the library.
2.With the original documents and the copies of their effective certificates(identity card﹑residence booklet),readers could have their reader’s card after truthfully filling Application Form for the Reader’s Card of Xingtai Library.
3. There are two types of adult reader’s card, and readers may select the appropriate deposit amount to have the corresponding reader’s card, according to their reading needs.
(1)Paying 100-yuan deposit, readers could have an A reader’s card, and could borrow three books and periodicals, of which the total price is in the deposit amount.
(2)Paying 300-yuan deposit, readers could have a B reader’s card, and could borrow six books and periodicals, of which the total price is in the deposit amount, and readers couldn’t borrow more than two volumes of periodicals.
4. With the original and the copy of their residence booklet, children who are accompanied by their parents may have reader’s card for children, when they truthfully fill Application Form for the Reader’s Card of Xingtai Library and pay 100-yuan deposit. Carrying children reader’s card, readers may borrow three books and periodicals at children's viewing area, of which the total price is in the deposit amount.
5. Reader’s card is valid forever, but it is required to verify every 3 years by checking the registration information.
6. Please set your own password and keep it secret.
Ⅳ、The change of deposit、Reporting the loss of reader’s card、replacement of reader’s card、return of reader’s card.
1、The change of deposit: According to reading needs, readers may apply for changing the functions of reader’s card(readers could change the deposit, and readers over 14 years old could change children reader’s card to adult reader’s card). If readers want to apply for changing, they should bring identity card (residence booklet)、reader’s card to carry out the relevant procedures at the front desk after returning the borrowed documents and paying off fine. It is free when readers change children reader’s card to adult reader’s card. Readers should pay 10-yuan cost if they change the deposit to apply for a new card according to reading needs.
2、Reporting the loss of reader’s card: Readers should bring effective certificates(identity card﹑residence booklet) to report loss at front desk as soon as possible once reader’s card is found lost carelessly. All loss because of the lost of reader’s card would be borne by the cardholder only. If readers find the lost card, they could bring effective certificates to relieve reporting the loss of reader’s card.
3、Replacement of reader’s card: If original reader’s card is not found after the loss, readers could bring effective certificates to get a new card, and at the same time the original reader’s card is invalid. But don’t worry, the deposit is valid. Readers should pay 10-yuan cost for the new card after returning the borrowed documents and paying off fine.
4、Return of reader’s card: Please keep the reader’s card well. For any refund of the reader’s card, please produce it with effective certificates and reader’s card at the front desk, before returning the borrowed documents and paying off fine. Readers should pay 10-yuan for the cost of the card, if the reader’s card is lost, or if the reader’s card is damaged on purpose (including break-up, clipping, scribbling and so on).