Notice to reader
1. The library is open to the public for free.
2. Please pay attention to your cleanliness and manners when you enter the library.
3. Please conscientiously maintain the public order and security. Smoking or open flames should be prohibited in the library (offenders may be fined RMB100 for one time).Please do not carry combustible and explosive materials and other dangerous goods. Pets are not allowed in the library.
4. Please take good care of your small items. Please put your backpack、handbag and other items which have nothing to do with reading in the deposit box before entering the lending area. Please remember to take your items out of the deposit box after the library closed.
5. Books and periodicals which have been checked out at self-check machine may be carried away from lending section. It should be required to handle in accordance with relevant rules, if you take the books and periodicals away without authorization.
6. Please set mobile phones and other communication devices at the quiet mode when entering the lending area. Please be quiet.
7. Please pay attention to the cleanliness of the library. Do not eat、drink、spit、litter、graffiti and so on at the lending area.
8. Please take good care of and intelligently use library resources such as bibliographic data. Please cherish the library with all public facilities and
equipments, if damaged, please compensation according to the regulations.
9. In the reading room, no camera or video is allowed without approval.
10. Please take refuge or evacuate from the library according to the instructions of the staff when there's something urgent.
11. Please obey to all regulations of the library, and support and cooperate with the staff to go by the book.
ⅡTips on loan period
Loan period of books and bound volume journals is 30 days, and can be renewed once. Readers may go to the library to renew the books at the self-checkout machine, and may also log in to the library website (www.xtstsg.cn) or WeChat to renew books online. The overdue books shall not be renewed. Readers, who neither return nor renew the books utill the deadline of returning, should pay the mulct for overdue books (the fee is RMB 0.1 yuan per book per day), and payments are limited to a maximum of 20 yuan per book.
Ⅲ Tips on dealing with the damage and loss of books and periodicals.
1.Damage or loss of electronic chip、book label、barcode and book cover, each of which will be fined 2 yuan. If the book is defaced, each page will be fined 1 yuan; and the book which is defiled more than 10 pages will be treated as loss of the book.
2. Readers who lose a book should report to the lending section during the loan period, and pay the same version of the book and 2 yuan for electronic chip to the library. If readers can not pay the same new book, according to the case of losing books, the compensation should be as below:
Chinese book: The compensation ratio is determined according to different version issue: If the version of the book is the year of 1980 or before the year of 1980, the compensation should be 30 times the price of the book; The version is from 1981 to 1990, and the compensation is 20 times; The version is from 1991 to 1999, and the compensation is 5 times; The version is after the year of 2000, and the compensation is 3 times. If the bound volume journal is lost, the compensation is 3 times the price.
Ⅳ Tips on dealing with stealing literature
Collected literature is brought out of the lending area without borrowing, or other documents instead of the borrowed documents are returned to the library, and both of which are regarded as stealing documents. The action of stealing documents will be punished according to the degree of the damage of the documents. If it is relatively minor, the punishment is that the reader’s card is invalid for 180 days. If the reader whose case is serious and whose attitude is bad, will move send door of the Ministry of Public Security processing, and the reader’s card will be revoked.